move catalog question

  • From: max scalf <oracle.blog3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 10:30:37 -0500

Hello List,

I have a question with regards to RMAN Catalog.  I know most of the steps
except one that i am struggling with.
So we have our RMAN catalog on AIX server(11gr2) right now and we want to
get rid of the server and move that to our Linux server(11gr2) and
we have about 300+ database server using that catalog(on AIX server)

So the steps i see for that is outlined below

1. Create new Recovery catalog on the linux server
2. From the Linux server, connect to the RMAN catalog on AIX server and do
the import command  (do i say no unregister here?)

Once that is done, my question is... i am guessing i obviusly have to go to
each of those DB server and chage my pointer/TNS to the Linux server?

also how long of a window do i have before chaning my tns entry on each of
those 300 server?  or dose rman just sync up when i change my entry on to
linux server it will be all happy?

Hope that make sense