Re: linux/sqlplus scripting to obscure permissions

  • From: Kenny Payton <k3nnyp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ckaj111@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 13:50:01 -0400

You can also look at sudo. sudo is designed for this type of authorization in
Linux and very commonly used. We use it for a few things, such as letting a qa
group execute flashback database scripts. It requires an account on the linux
host and allows a script to be executed as a particular user ( oracle ).

On Oct 14, 2015, at 11:06 AM, Chris King <ckaj111@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

I see a theme here.. internal database code.. PL/SQL to the rescue! Thanks..
I'll give that a go.