library cache pin wait

  • From: "Dba DBA" <oracledbaquestions@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 21:49:40 -0400

I recompiled a package. It compiled successfully.

The package has several procedures. Each has 1 large insert select. The all
select from the same table, but insert to different tables.

This has happened to me before.

1. I run the package with 1 procedure from 1 session.
2. i try to run the same package with a different procedure in another
sessions.

The second procedure waits with a library cache wait until the first
sessions completes and exits. (I am nohupping this, so I dont know if the
exit is required, it is in the script).

any ideas?

the code is NOT being recompiled. When I look at dba_blockers, I don't see
any blocking lockers. i am looking at the wait on the second session. I know
the package is not running by.
1. I have dbms_application_info calls inside the package and I do not see
these in v$session
2. I check v$sess_io and no IO is incrementing for this session.