RE: ** keep/pin objects in sga

  • From: A Joshi <ajoshi977@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Laimutis.Nedzinskas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 07:45:27 -0800 (PST)

Thanks Laimutis and  Mark Bobak, jame tong, Eagle fan, Tanel Poder, Beranrd
Polarski.

  I looked at everything. I think cursor_space_for_time will not suit our env
going by what Tanel said. About sessions_cached_cursors according to metalink
note 208857.1 sql I used to see the recommendation : it suggests the current
value of 300 is fully used and could be candidate for increase. However, from
below document http://www.miracleas.dk/tools/Miracle_2_cursor.pdf
by bjorn ensig of miracle it says : 'There is some overhead in CPU, effectively
making this parameter useless for values higher than 50-100.
  So am trying to decide which way to go : high or low. I think if it could
help with memory so should I reduce it.
I think apart from that I am trying to pin objects and pinning
  package,package body,function,procedure,  trigger,type, sequence
   I think individual sql can also be pinned but I do not know how easy and
beneficial that is. Is there anything else I can pin?

  I am planning to set
  _kghdsidx_count to 1 explicitly. I assume there is no issue with that. It is
having 2 subpool now. I do not know in what way 2 subpool helps.

  Thanks for all the help.

Laimutis Nedzinskas <Laimutis.Nedzinskas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
      Take a look at this too:

  http://download-uk.oracle.com/oowsf2005/003wp.pdf

  It is really one of the best explanations I´ve ever seen. At least it sounds
close to what Oracle programmers really did.