[Q] java insert data to database and auto commit?

  • From: dba1 mcc <mccdba1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 12:06:50 -0800 (PST)

We have ORACLE 9iR2 on SUN server and 9iR2 application
server on NT.  Our developer compaint they insert lots
of data from java through JDBC and 9iR2 application
server to ORACLE database.  after finish, they check
table and NO data in it.  They point finger to DB redo
log or undo tablespace is wrong.  I checked alert.log
and there is NO error message.

The developer said "java is autocommit on execute
query".  My questions are:

  1. does anyone know how java auto commit work?  Does
it commit after evry insert or after 100 insert?

   2. if java connection broke, will oracle rollbak
those insert data?

   3. any ideal why data gone?

Thanks.