Re: integer / number CTAS problem

  • From: "Tony Adolph" <tony.adolph.dba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 13:35:38 +1300

Hi Jared,

RE Is the INTEGER data type something unique to your platform? :

Don't know to be honest, but don't think so.

I'd never explicitly used INTEGER before because as far as I was aware
INTEGER and NUMBER were synonymous,...  but Oracle when doing a partition
swap, doesn't agree.

I could change the "destination" table definition, replacing all occurrences
of INTEGER to NUMBER.  But its bugging me that I may have to do this.  The
table is created by the application with INTEGER columns (Portal Development
Centre). I plan to drop it and recreate it partitioned anyway (the Dev
Centre creates a host of internal definitions as a necessary side-effect),
but I didn't want to have to change any column definintions.

Cheers
Tony