insert performance

  • From: "Kumar, Arvind IN GGN SISL" <arvind.kumar2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 17:47:27 +0530

Gurus,

      Dev Env.  -  Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release
10.2.0.1.0, Windows 2000 server, Quest datafactory  5.5 to load sample
data.

     How can I improve the  Insert  performance while loading data into
two tables (a parent with one child)? If I am saving the generated  data
(1 Million rows) from datafactory into .CSV file it takes only 40
minutes  , for the same volume it  takes 2 hour if loading into Oracle
tables.

    I have set COMMIT_WRITE = BATCH,NOWAIT to avoid log_file_sync Wait
event.

Arvind Kumar

Associate  Consultant
Siemens Information Systems Limited