Re: import from Oracle 9 to 10 hanging

  • From: "Dennis Williams" <oracledba.williams@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Andreas.Haunschmidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 13:38:42 -0500

Andreas,

   Haven't experienced this particular problem, but since nobody has
replied yet, here are some ideas.
   Offhand, it seems your problem might be that you are importing SYS
objects. At least that is where you say your import is hanging. But on the
other hand you say that you are importing 4 users, so I'm confused. Are you
doing a full import?
   I'm guessing you mean that you exported using 9i using the EXP utility
(rather than imp utility).
   Assuming that you aren't trying to import the SYS objects, you might try
exporting specific types of objects and then importing them. Maybe just
tables to see if it completes.
   The name of the object sounds like maybe export is trying to reset some
object after import. You might Google that name since it is pretty unique,
and also check Metalink.
   Another trick is that you can take the export file and run it through
the Unix "strings" command and get a text file that can be used to create
the objects (ROWS=N). You may have to format for line length. But you could
run that in SQL*Plus and it might run and if it didn't you might get a
better idea of where the problem lies.

Dennis Williams