ignoreSysPrereqs and Linux installs

  • From: "Owen Smith" <owensmith99@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 15:04:12 -0700

Oracle People,

For Oracle 10gR2 installs,
I'm trying to figure out some of the details behind the
ignoreSysPrereqs
option to runInstaller.

If I run runInstaller with no options,
it will look at various attributes of my Linux OS.

Where might I find a list of the shell commands it is using
to gather information about the target host?

I'm assuming they are shell commands.  Perhaps they are Java calls
or an execution of a compiled executable?

Next, I'm curious about what runInstaller does after it gets the
information it wants from the OS.

Obviously it must try to "join" the information with a list of
OS attributes which are stored on the installation cdrom.

If it gets a match, it allows the install to continue.

Where is this list of OS attributes found on the installation cdrom?

-Owen