Re: how to get the list of SQL's

  • From: Stephane Faroult <sfaroult@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ajeet.Ojha@xxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2010 10:16:01 +0200

From Merriam-Webster:

Main Entry: snap·shot
Pronunciation: \?snap-?shät\
Function: noun
Date: 1890

1 : a casual photograph made typically by an amateur with a small
handheld camera
2 : an impression or view of something brief or transitory <a snapshot
of life back then>

What you are asking is the equivalent of:

"I have a picture of my hometown in the early 1920s. I have a picture of
my hometown today. I'd like to know about all the
constructions/destructions that occurred in between".

I can tell you that with my own hometown if you miss some information
about the 1940s it will be rather difficult.
http://virtedit.free.fr/app00014.JPG?41,45

The only thing you have (in the DBA_HIST views) is counters about the
number of executions in the interval, the equivalent (to keep with my
image) of "that building that you see standing here has been
photographed that many times since the previous snapshot you have".

In other words, you CANNOT have a list of everything that happened. But
if the pattern of what is running is regular enough, which is generally
the case, you can with confidence say what put brought your database to
its knees.

Stephane Faroult
RoughSea Ltd <http://www.roughsea.com>
RoughSea Channel on Youtube <http://www.youtube.com/user/roughsealtd>