RE: how to generate the output w/o using temp table

  • From: "Lex de Haan" <lex.de.haan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 19:28:30 +0200

as an aside, if you are interested in some theory behind
this type of problems, the following book is a must:
Chris date, Hugh Darwen, and Nikos Lorentzos:
"Temporal Data and the Relational Model"
Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, ISBN 1-55860-855-9.

they introduce the concept of "packing" and "unpacking" data
over the time dimension -- which is the generalization of the issue here.

Kind regards,
Lex.

visit my website at http://www.naturaljoin.nl