Re: how to change the SYS password for an ASM instance?

  • From: Stefan Knecht <knecht.stefan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: baojiejie@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 14:09:39 +0100

in 11g, alter user works fine:

oracle@hostxyz25:/opt/app/oracle/ [crs111] +asm1
oracle@hostxyz25:/opt/app/oracle/ [+ASM1] sq

SQL*Plus: Release 11.1.0.6.0 - Production on Wed Mar 4 14:07:16 2009

Copyright (c) 1982, 2007, Oracle.  All rights reserved.

Connected to:
Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.1.0.6.0 - 64bit Production
With the Partitioning, Real Application Clusters, OLAP, Data Mining
and Real Application Testing options

SQL> alter user sys identified by foo;

User altered.

SQL> Disconnected from Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release
11.1.0.6.0 - 64bit Production
With the Partitioning, Real Application Clusters, OLAP, Data Mining
and Real Application Testing options
oracle@hostxyz25:/opt/app/oracle/ [+ASM1] sqlplus sys/foo@asm_hostxyz25 as
sysdba

SQL*Plus: Release 11.1.0.6.0 - Production on Wed Mar 4 14:07:31 2009

Copyright (c) 1982, 2007, Oracle.  All rights reserved.

Connected to:
Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.1.0.6.0 - 64bit Production
With the Partitioning, Real Application Clusters, OLAP, Data Mining
and Real Application Testing options

SQL> alter user sys identified by foobar;

User altered.

SQL> Disconnected from Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release
11.1.0.6.0 - 64bit Production
With the Partitioning, Real Application Clusters, OLAP, Data Mining
and Real Application Testing options
oracle@hostxyz25:/opt/app/oracle/ [+ASM1] sqlplus
sys/foobar@asm_hostxyz25as sysdba

SQL*Plus: Release 11.1.0.6.0 - Production on Wed Mar 4 14:07:43 2009

Copyright (c) 1982, 2007, Oracle.  All rights reserved.

Connected to:
Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.1.0.6.0 - 64bit Production
With the Partitioning, Real Application Clusters, OLAP, Data Mining
and Real Application Testing options

SQL> Disconnected from Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release
11.1.0.6.0 - 64bit Production
With the Partitioning, Real Application Clusters, OLAP, Data Mining
and Real Application Testing options

What you need to be careful though, if you're using sysasm, that information
gets lost when you would choose to recreate the password file. So you have
to issue another grant SYSASM to sys after doing that.

Both ways work just the same (in 11.1).

Cheers

Stefan

=========================