[Q] how good veritas Netbackup ORACLE agent RMAN wizard can do?

  • From: dba1 mcc <mccdba1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 11:28:12 -0800 (PST)

We plan to buy Veritas Netbackup ORACLE agent for out
ORACLE databases.
I study the Veritas documents and found Veritas
Netbackup ORACLE agent tightly work with RMAN.  Our
environment is not very familiar with RMAN.  Veritas
ORACLE agent did provide RMAN wizard to generate
scripts.

My question are:

1. what is your opinion on Veritas RMAN wizard?  Is
script generate good?

2. If we use Veritas RMAN wizard, do we need good RMAN
background?

Thanks.

http://mail.yahoo.com