Re: how can I move from sql profiles to stored outlines?

  • From: "Mladen Gogala" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "mgogala@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 10:07:54 -0500

On 01/19/2015 07:42 AM, Andrea Monti wrote:
Hi Listers,

I am looking for the most convenient way to build stored outlines from sql profiles. I realize that this is quite a weird question and I do know that sql profiles provide far more benefits than stored outlines; however since I will have to move from a 10.2.0.4 Enterprise Edition database to a 10.2.0.4 Standard Edition cluster, I will have to fall back to stored outlines to provide plan stability.
thanks for every help
Regards
Andrea

Andrea, SQL Profiles are specific to DBMS_SQLTUNE and can not be moved to stored outlines. However, the nature of the profile is similar to the nature of the outline: it's a bunch of stored hints. You could create an outline for the statement which has a profile and, at least in theory, the outline should contain the current execution hints. Personally, I have never tried that, but it looks like it's worth a try.

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA