RE: hash join waits on cpu 100% time

  • From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2015 12:50:10 +0000

A couple of quick questions:

You said the query should run in 6 minutes - is this the design target, or a
previous best ?
There is a "hint" to set the optimizer features back to 10.2.0.4 - is this
really supposed to be a hint, or is it intended as a comment to point out that
the session or system parameter has been set ?  As it stands it's not the
correct syntax for the hint.

Regards
Jonathan Lewis
http://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com