Re: grant select command so slow

  • From: "John Kanagaraj" <john.kanagaraj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Ram Raman" <veeeraman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 09:41:13 -0700

> If that was the case, how did the grant run very fast the first time,
> according to the OP.

Not sure if that question was addressed to me, but here's a stab at
the answer (Disclaimer: I am a member of the BAAG party, so guessing
violates my agreement 8-)

The OP wasn't clear *when* the grants were first run. Was this when
the number of tables/views were less? What was the other load at that
time? Tracing the event and providing some stats would give us the
right clues. Otherwise we are just guessing here.

In general, the principles that I explained above applies: The
execution of thousands of GRANT statements translates to thousands of
hard parses and every SQL statement will get a different hash value,
chopping up your shared pool into fine bits.

--
John Kanagaraj <><
DB Soft Inc