Re: flashback a standby database

  • From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 09:01:26 -0500

On 12/12/2016 05:35 AM, Howard Latham wrote:

RH 4
Oracle 11.2

I've searched but haven't found the usual list Oracle provides on limits to this feature.
Does this mean I can do ANYTHING to a standby database while it is activated then flash it back to a physical standby later?

Well, I haven't tried anything drastic, like "DROP TABLESPACE <> INCLUDING CONTENTS AND DATAFILES", but the testing that one of my clients was conducting did include add columns and constraints to the tables and then using regular DML. There were no problems. I think that "anything" means "anything within reasonable limits".
Regards

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA