RE: fast refresh of MV based on a view

  • From: Steve Ollig <sollig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'jaromir@xxxxxxxxxxxx'" <jaromir@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 15:44:30 -0500

i suspect the problem lies in selecting from the view in the mat view
definition.  i had trouble getting query re-write to happen when doing
something similar.  ended up copying the select statement from the view into
the definition of the mat view and all was fine.  this was 9.2.0.6.

in my case, i always planned to do complete refresh anyway so the fast
refresh issue didn't bother me.  but i do recall the fine manuals were short
on details.

fwiw - ran your test case on my 9.2.0.6 slowaris instance and got exact same
results.