failover and huge data size in dataguard env

  • From: "Ujang Jaenudin" <ujang.jaenudin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 11:03:21 +0700

folks,

quote from oracle docs server.920/a96653/role_management.htm#1023666

"As a result of the failover operation, the original primary database can no
longer participate in the Data Guard configuration, and all other standby
databases are now receiving and applying redo data from the new primary
database."

the above statement, because of RESETLOGS issue when failover data guard
environment, which restart the SCN number back to 1.
see
http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/backup.102/b14191/osrecov009.htm

does anyone have experience how to participating the original primary db
which has been crashed prior to failover to the new data guard
configuration?
I think about how to make SCN in the crashed original primary db's datafile
to SCN 1, so the synchronization will match.

imagine, when we have TB in size, should we re-create standby database for
participating in the new data guard configuration?

regards
Ujang
dba@indonesia