RE: export warning message on statistics

  • From: "Vergara, Michael (TEM)" <mvergara@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 07:48:28 -0700

Jeffrey:

The statistics warning has nothing to do with the database/client
character set.  It's telling you that the statistics you are
exporting may not be correct when you import.

You have two choices.  You can not export the statistics or
not import the statistics.  The only way to not export statistics
is with the statistics=none parameter, and if you use ANY
command-line parameters then exp does not prompt, so you must
either use a parameter file of place all the information on the
command line.

Or you can import with statistics=none and the statistics in the
DMP file will be ignored.

Cheers,
Mike