Re: events to corrupt a database

  • From: Chip Briggs <chip.briggs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Josh.Collier@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 07:04:59 -0600

Login as sysdba followed by using SQL to generate SQL that drops SYS
dtabase objects.

Such a script is useful when want to drop all database objects in a schema
followed by importing them.

Alternate challenge is dropping a number of tables, then finding out
various backup files are missing so one month of secondary storage has one
complete set of database files spanning several backups.  Desired data
existed before earliest backup set and did not change during the month.
 Can the data be recovered ?

RMAN hot backup, change temp tablespace from dictionary managed to locally
managed, followed by truncating a table.  Can data be recovered ?