enq: TM contention

  • From: Sandra Becker <sbecker6925@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 07:32:43 -0700

Oracle EE 10.2.0.5

We have been experiencing periods where we see a lot of enq: TM
contention waits.  Customers notice performance degradation.
Generally it clears on its own within 10 minutes or so.  The only
cause I've been able to locate in my searches (both google & MOS) is a
non-indexed foreign key.  This is definitely not the cause in our
case.  I haven't had an unindexed foreign key in over 2 years and
verified it hadn't popped up unexpectedly.

Does anyone know of another possibility for causing this wait?

--
Sandy
Transzap, Inc.