RE: drop temp tablespace

  • From: "Whittle Jerome Contr NCI" <Jerome.Whittle@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 11:53:48 -0600

If your TEMP tablespace is extending up to 18 GB and you try to lock it down to
a smaller size, aren't you setting yourself up for ORA-01652: unable to extend
temp segment by XXX in tablespace TEMP errors? You might want to fix what is
causing it to grow rather than limiting growth.
I've be very interested in finding out what SQL is causing your TEMP tablespace
to grow so much. Must be a lot of sorting and grouping going on. I'd be looking
for Union queries also.

Jerry Whittle
ASIFICS DBA
NCI Information Systems Inc.