Re: diagnosing db link errors

  • From: TESTAJ3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: ricks12345@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 08:43:43 -0400

can u ping the server?(making an assumption here that they allow ping), if
that works, its not a network issue.

I have seen that error when implementing IP address allow/deny parm in
protocol.ora (now in sqlnet.ora).

Thanks,  Joe

---------------------------------------
You can have it: Fast, Right or Cheap, pick 2 of the 3.
Fast + Right is Expensive
Fast + Cheap will be incorrect.
Right + Cheap will take a while.

"Rick Ricky" <ricks12345@xxxxxxxxx>

Sent by: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

05/30/2008 08:36 AM
Please respond to ricks12345@xxxxxxxxx

From
"Rick Ricky" <ricks12345@xxxxxxxxx>
oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
diagnosing db link errors

Yesterday I have no problem using a database link. Today I am getting tns
errors. I have no access to the DB server (its owned by a different
vendor). I have to go through channels to contact them. Is there anything
I can do to diagnose whether its a network issue or the database/server is
down. This is the oracle error I got.

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error

tried tnsping and I could not reach the box. I don't have alot to go on,
but I don't want to sit around and wait for a response.