RE: deadlock detected while waiting for resource

  • From: "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <anand@xxxxxxxxxx>, <oracledba.williams@xxxxxxxxx>, <joelgarry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 10:01:58 -0400

Anand,

When a deadlock happens, a trace file is written to the user_dump_dest
directory.  Locate this trace file (check the alert.log at around the
time of the deadlock to get the trace filename), and reply to this email
with the following items from the trace file:

SQL statement that encountered the deadlock
the deadlock graph
rows waited on information
other SQLs involved in the deadlock  (will only be there if you're on 9i
or higher)

From that, we can help you determine the root cause of the deadlock.

-Mark

--
Mark J. Bobak
Senior Oracle Architect

Ours is the age that is proud of machines that can think and suspicious
of men who try to.  --H. Mumford Jones, 1892-1980