Re: dbms_stats (sql) 10g

  • From: Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dnt9000@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 19:27:34 -0600

I disabled or even dropped it at the last place where I had the authority to do so.
a) I was operating in a mixed Oracle 9.2 / 10.1 environment and preferred to use the same procedure for gathering statistics in both.
b) I needed more control over which tables get analyzed, or rather which tables would not.
c) While it was active, I got errors mailed to me from my alert_log sweeper almost every morning about conflicts and rather than investigating them I decided "3rd strike and you're out".

At 06:38 PM 5/17/2006, David Turner wrote:

I'm curious if anyone is intentionally using the dbms_stats.gather_database_stats_job_proc scheduled in 10g. Has anyone replaced the job because of limitations with it? From what I've read it looks reasonable but if someone has found any failings with it I would appreciate to hear about them.

Regards

Wolfgang Breitling
Centrex Consulting Corporation
www.centrexcc.com