RE: dbms package? - analyze table validate structure

  • From: M Rafiq <rafiq9857@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 17:42:47 -0500

Tim,

Yes, That I what I meant. However, my this experience was with (alter
)rebuidling of indexes using parallel clause. However, I did not use with
CREATE INDEX this clause but I think the problem was with alter index only.

It was originally with 7.3.4.3 version as I did not had any bad experience with
7.3.4.4. But again it came up in 7.3.4.5 which needed it to patch again. If I
remember correctly it was year 2001/2.

I was supporting Oracle Finacial databases and I have to rebuilt indexes after
reorg of tables (after yearly data purging)  with large undexes and I got this
issue with 7.3.4.3. I had done similar excercise with other client with 7.3.4.4
but no issue with that version.  Later I observed that this issue is with
indexes having multiple keys. For both versions patch was available to fix that
issue.

One year back one of my collegue had similar type of issue with 9.X version. I
don't know exact version but she has to drop and recreate index again and the
issue was resolved. She then upgraded her database to 9.2.0.8 later and did not
observe such issue.

Regards
Rafiq

http://windowslive.com/oneline/hotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_hotmail_acq_anywhere_122008