dbms_aq.dequeue - FIFO when using Correlation ID

  • From: Steve Baldwin <stbaldwin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 15:16:15 +1000

Hi,

I've implemented a dbms_pipe clone using AQ (we're using RAC which doesn't support dbms_pipe - long story). Basically I've simulated dbms_pipe message queues by using CorrelationID's.

Unfortunately, it seems that I missed the 'gotcha' in the Oracle documentation - (when retrieving a message by CorrelationID) "If more than one message satisfies the pattern, then the order of dequeuing is undetermined". It is critical in my scenario that messages for a given 'queue' (Correlation ID) are dequeued in the order they were enqueued.

Does anyone have a trick or suggestion to solve my dilemma. We're using 11.1.0.7 in case it matters.

Thanks,

Steve

This email is intended solely for the use of the addressee and may
contain information that is confidential, proprietary, or both.
If you receive this email in error please immediately notify the
sender and delete the email.