dba_tab_modifications

  • From: Sami Seerangan <dba.orcl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 12:37:10 -0400

Hi:

I did gather statistcs for dictinary segments and fixed objects however
still I
see values in dba_tab_modificaions as below. As per definition, only stale
objects should be displayed in dba_tab_modifications. Please correct me if I
am
wrong?

SQL> exec dbms_stats.gather_dictionary_stats;

SQL> exec DBMS_STATS.GATHER_FIXED_OBJECTS_STATS;

SQL> select table_owner,table_name,inserts,updates,deletes from
dba_tab_modifica
tions order by inserts desc;

TABLE_OWNER TABLE_NAME INSERTS UPDATES DELETES
SYS WRH$_LATCH 8352 0 0
SYS WRH$_SYSSTAT 7584 0 0
SYS WRH$_PARAMETER 6192 0 0
SYS WRH$_SQLBIND 5426 0 0

[truncated the output for display purpose]