Re: db_unique_name

  • From: goran bogdanovic <goran00@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 13:16:28 +0200

small off topic but also related to db_unique_name:

I have noticed when existing DG configuration is integrated into Oracle
Restart i.e. on one server runs primary on second standby, both DB's have
db_unique_name defined (e.g. db01 and db02), on standby server Oracle
Restart start standby database with SID=db_unique_name and not (as it should
be) with SID=db_name.

Anyone else has observed the same?
Any thoughts?

thanks,