RE: db_file_multiblock_read_count causing full scans to takelonger?

  • From: "Jesse, Rich" <Rich.Jesse@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 14:54:48 -0600

Well, almost.  Here's what I get on 10.2.0.2.0 on AIX 5.3:

SELECT LEAST(dcs/(ses*dbs), 1048576/dbs) "CALC", dfmbrc
FROM
(
        SELECT a.value "DCS", b.value "SES", c.value "DBS", d.value
"DFMBRC"
        FROM v$parameter a, v$parameter b, v$parameter c, v$parameter d
        WHERE a.name = 'db_cache_size'
                AND b.name = 'sessions'
                AND c.name = 'db_block_size'
                AND d.name = 'db_file_multiblock_read_count'
);

      CALC  DFMBRC
68.2666667  66

At some point, I'll find out *why* this comes up this way.

Sorry for coming in late on the thread...just catching up...

Rich

p.s.  I know I didn't need to do the subquery.  I did it that way for
clarity.  :)