Re: db_cache_size, granules and large amount of physical memory

  • From: "~Jeff~" <jifjif@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exriscer@xxxxxxxxx, "Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 22:43:26 +1200

Hi LS
We had similar issues on a T5140 ... IIRC the fix involved setting the
cpu_count to a more 'sane' value. Our problem was actually the minimum SGA
being too large to allow the necessary number of instances on the server.
If you run utlrp.sql it will go a bit nuts with such a big cpu_count as
well, as it has some default parallelism built in to it...
I'm pretty sure the above is right, though I'm not at that client anymore.
HTH!
Jeff Wong