Re: create table and create index monitor or nomonitor deprecated in 10g?

  • From: Yong Huang <yong321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 09:17:59 -0700 (PDT)

Lizz,

In addition to what others said, here's what I wrote about statistics_level and
the parameters controlled by it. Critique is welcome.

Modification Monitoring: _dml_monitoring_enabled
This 10g param allows you to do what you used to be able to do in 9i with alter
table (no)monitoring, but not at table level any more; it's system wide either
all monitoring or all nomonitoring. But I think it¡¯s still better to disable
this parameter and leave statistics_level to typical than set statistics_level
to basic when you want to disable table monitoring. Documentation writers must
have a dilemma, though; they probably wish the first underscore were dropped.

Yong Huang