RE: "create index offline"

  • To: "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 18:13:42 -0500

Ok, I was curious, so, I did a MetaLink search.  I found a bug related
to rebuilding an index online.  The workaround listed was "create index
offline".  In this context, I think all it means is to do the index
rebuild or index create without specifying the 'online' keyword.

-Mark

--
Mark J. Bobak
Senior Oracle Architect

There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which shouldn't be
done at all.  -Peter F. Drucker, 1909-2005