correlating ASH and OSWatcher data

  • From: Adric Norris <landstander668@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 11:01:03 -0600

I'm in the process of troubleshooting a recent performance issue (currently
bypassed), which occurred as a result of a database server becoming
overloaded from a CPU perspective. At this point we've identified a number
of OS dedicated server processes which seem to have been driving excessive
load, via the OSWatcher data, and we also have a number of suspect database
sessions identified via ASH.

So my question is this... is there a way to tie the 2 sources together? It
doesn't appear that the necessary [g]v$process information is captured by
ASH, so I suspect this isn't possible, but it's certainly possible that
I've missed a necessary detail.

The database in question is 11.2.0.3.8 64-bit, running on a Solaris 10
SPARC 64-bit server.

Thanx!

--
"I'm too sexy for my code." -Awk Sed Fred