constant logging in as / as sysdba ?

  • From: Dba DBA <oracledbaquestions@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 14:56:28 -0400

I am trying to figure out what is logging in constantly as / as sysdba. We
are on Solaris iwth Oracle 10.1. We are using Solaris clustering(this is OS
clustering and not RAC). However, I turned the cluster off and then turned
Oracle on manually. The / as sysdba connection continues to happen every
minute.

By default Oracle logs all / as sysdba connections. I then increased my
auditing to try to find out what is going on.

So I did

audit all by access
and I set my audit_trail to the OS.

I am I am getting is the following:

Wed Apr 15 14:54:17 2009
ACTION : 'CONNECT'
DATABASE USER: '/'
PRIVILEGE : SYSDBA
CLIENT USER: oracle
CLIENT TERMINAL:
STATUS: 0

The session does not appear to do anything. I would think audit all by
access would catch this. To test it, I logged in as / as sysdba and shutdown
the database. my actions were logged.

We do not have kron jobs running. anyone experience this before ? anything
about solaris? could it be an oracle process logging in?