check sum init.ora

  • From: "M.Godlewski" <mcgodlewski@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 07:54:47 -0700 (PDT)

I'm looking into enabling the db_block_checksum parameter.  I've searched
through the archives, but haven't seen any indication if there is a significant
overhead on performance when running with this parameter enabled.

The Oracle dba guide has a note: "There is some overhead and decrease in
database performace with DB_BLOCK_CHECKSUM enabled.  Monitor your database
performance to decide if the benefit of using data block checksums to detect
corruption outweights the performace impact."

Does anyone currently run with checksum turned on?  What performance impact
have you noticed?