RE: check oracle client version on server side??

  • From: "Tyfanie Wineriter" <tyfaniew@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mccdba1@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 10:34:20 -0700

I have investigated this thoroughly & concluded that no, it is not possible
in Oracle 10gR2 to discover what version of an Oracle client is connecting
to your database.  If someone on here discovers otherwise, I would love to
hear about it.

I have heard that in 11g, there is a new parameter in sys_context that does
have this, but I am not on 11g & have not tested it.

~ Tyfanie Wineriter ~

Database Administrator
University of Oregon