RE: can't connect '/ as sysdba' -- "dba" group

  • From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mgogala@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 22:59:32 +0800

Not true (unless you've encountered this "bug" on a specific version / patch release / platform).

I have used group names other than "dba"   -- eg to run isolated oracle
installations on the same server.

Hemant
At 07:45 AM Thursday, Mladen Gogala wrote:
I believe that it is a bug, that the dba group is hard-coded
into the sqlplus executable. That is why I ALWAYS use dba as
a SYSDBA group name. The strace command should be able to
reveal the secret.

Hemant K Chitale
http://web.singnet.com.sg/~hkchital