calling executable within PLSQL

  • From: steve noyle <stevenoyle1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 07:57:24 -0800 (PST)

Hello,
I'm looking for a method to call executable within
PLSQL. The executable resides on my database server
(HPUX).

I found a number of sample code that creates oracle
function/java program to do what I need. However, I'm
not able to find any information on how I can run the
executable remotely. What I meant by remotely is I
want to be able to initiate the function/procedure
from another Unix server or from my windows client
other than from my database server. Everything works
well if I log in to the database from my database
server and initiates the function from there but it
fails if I initiate it from my PC since it has no
access to the executable on the database server.

Is this feasible? Does anyone has any code that does
that or has any suggestions? I'm running 9.2.0.6.

thanks.

steve