Re: cache buffer chains/where in code

  • From: Tanel Poder <tanel@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 14:08:13 +0800

Well that's what i meant by "cpu *starvation*" ;-)

but yeah I get what you mean - it is actually* *possible to get significant
queuing for CPU resource without being 100% utilized over multisecond
utilization averages. One case I've seen is where a queueing/messaging
system invoked bursts of activity by distributing a message to many
processes at a time, causing all of them to wake up and do their short work
at the same time. Using less connections to the database and bundling more
messages into a request solved that issue...

Tanel.

--
Tanel Poder
http://blog.tanelpoder.com