Re: block change tracking?

  • From: Martin Berger <martin.a.berger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ron.chennells@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 18:29:35 +0100

Based on Alex great work I created a logic which ckecks at every
incremental backup if a datafile has changed mor than x% - in this
case it is doung a full backup of this datafile instead of an
incremental.
Even it's based on x$ tables only it works fine.
I recently checked all the X$KR tables in all versions I had available
(up to 11.2.0.1). I did not find any changes.
So the good information here seems: Oracle considers it quite stable,
there was no need to change anything.
But unfortunately noone at oracle ever decided to create v$ views and
make this officially available.

Well, recently I even found a funny feature:
http://berxblog.blogspot.com/2010/10/oracle-joke.html

over all: thumbs up for BCT!

 Martin