Re: best db block size

  • From: "Syed Jaffar Hussain" <sjaffarhussain@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: DEVA@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 13:54:18 +0300

You miss to give us the valid information, like, what application it would
be? Is it OLTP or Dataearehouse / DSS?
If OLTP, most probably 8k is good.

On 2/28/07, Denham Eva <DEVA@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

 This email is subject to Terms and Conditions as found in our Email Legal
Notice which forms part of this email message in terms of section 11 of the
Electronic Communications and Transaction Act 25 of 2002.   Please click
on http://www.mf.co.za/content/EMAIL_Legal_Notice.asp , or send a blank
email to disclaim@xxxxxxxxx By receiving, reading or acting upon this
email you will automatically be bound by the terms of the  Email Legal
Notice.

Mutual & Federal Insurance Company Limited

Authorised Financial Services Provider

------------------------------

Hello

we will be migrating to a AIX P5, we now have to decide on the db block
size.
I believe sticking with 8192.
Is there any recommended size?

Regards
denham

--
Best Regards,
Syed Jaffar Hussain

http://jaffardba.blogspot.com/
http://www.oracle.com/technology/community/oracle_ace/ace1.html#hussain
"Winners don't do different things. They do things differently."