RE: automatic undo 100% used

  • From: "Ron Rogers" <RROGERS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Paula_Stankus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <davidsharples@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 14:09:26 -0500

Paula,
 I don't have the formula handy for calculating undo retention but a
google should provide it. Have you set your retention period to large
and retaining days/hours of undo info? The default is quite large.
Does the batch process perform a lot of uodates that require
a lot of old/new info to be retained in case of rollback?
The first time i set up the undo area I accepted the defaults
and consumed 6 Gig on a long running update.
Check you parameters in the initxx.ora file.
You can also create a new undo tablespace and assign it in the
initxx.ora.
Then offline drop the old one and you can then delete it from the os.
Ron

>>> <Paula_Stankus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 12/13/2004 1:15:44 PM >>>
Have 3Gb allocated for undo retention, a few batch processes and
tablespace is showing 100% full.  Is this normal behavior?  I am used
old rollback segments where it would be and likely revolve around
poorly
written batch processes.