Re: audit drop procedure; fails with ORA-00956

  • From: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: post.ethan@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 08:54:52 -0700

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 7:19 AM, Ethan Post <post.ethan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> SQL> audit create procedure
> Audit complete.
> SQL> audit create any procedure
> Audit complete.
> SQL> audit drop any procedure
> Audit complete.
>
> -- Why does this fail? Isn't this just the opposite of CREATE PROCEDURE. It
> is listed in the exact same section of the docs as CREATE PROCEDURE, I would
> think the syntax is the same.

Interesting.

One would think that 'AUDIT CREATE PROCEDURE' would cause any drop procedure
actions to appear in the audit log, as the DROP PROCEDURE privilege is
applied
( or maybe just part of) the CREATE PROCEDURE privilege.

Just now I tried a small test, and while creating a procedure does cause an
entry
in sys.aud$, dropping a procedure does not.

Curios.

Jared Still