Re: archive_lag_target with real time apply for data guard

  • From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Mark W. Farnham" <mwf@xxxxxxxx>, 'kathryn axelrod' <kat.axe@xxxxxxxxx>, oracle.blog3@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 14:55:14 -0500

On 12/21/2015 09:26 AM, Mark W. Farnham wrote:

Active data guard switches on real time apply. (Because it needs to be up to
date to fulfill the feature description.)

Switching on real time apply does not switch on active data guard. (And serves
maximum protection without adding to license fees.)

Your observation was accurate, but in this instance the application of converse
logic was in error. The license fees possible in audit due to accidental
temporary usage of a feature tend to make us justifiably paranoid about this
stuff.

mwf