Re: an interview question

  • From: "Bradd Piontek" <piontekdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prabhu_adam@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 10:05:01 -0500

you don't need the catalog or to even restore the catalog.

Restore the controlfile backup in your rman backup set . This controlfile
has the metadata you need to restore your database. I can't think of a case
where a recovery catalog is needed (although it is a niceity to have the
history , at times).

Bradd Piontek
Oracle Blog: http://piontekdd.blogspot.com
Linked In: http://www.linkedin.com/in/piontekdd