Re: alter table split partition optimized in oracle 9i?

  • From: "jaromir nemec" <jaromir@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'oracle-l'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 13:27:22 +0100

Hi Gene,

I have also been running this kind of a split when an existing partition is
split in two and one (or even both) partition
is empty and this command does not seem to run too quickly (I am using
oracle 10.2.0.1)

Is the partition empty and the HWM reset?
There will be in some cases a serial scan of the partition with rownum < 2 - simply to verify the partition is really empty. You may check this quickly using 10046 trace on level 8. This can give a clue where the problem is also in other cases (reorg or allocation task maybe)

Regards,

Jaromir
----- Original Message ----- From: <genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxx>