Re: alarming experience with controlfile autobackup on

  • From: "keydana@xxxxxx" <keydana@xxxxxx>
  • To: Dragutin Jastrebic <orahawk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 23:03:26 +0100

Of course - I'm glad you're looking into it :-)
I just wonder - looking at oerr ora-19653:

Cause: SwitchToCopy was called with a datafile copy for a datafile that was
dropped prior to the time this control file was backed up.
Action: Restore and mount an earlier control file. It is acceptable to use a
control file that was backed up prior to the creation of the specified datafile.

- how about trying to create a controlfile that contains the file we want to
restore?

Anyway, it seems that RMAN uses historic schema information from the catalog,
that's why in fact it restores datafile 3 - but then, when it tries to "switch
to copy", it needs to change the controlfile, and that controlfile does not
contain the entry it wants to change... - right?

Sigrid