Re: advise for memory database Timesten

  • From: Tim Gorman <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 11:59:47 -0600

Nilesh,

While in-memory databases like TimesTen will always be a "niche", it
could be a lucrative niche, and expanding your base of knowledge is
*never* wasted effort.  Learn as much as you can, broaden and deepen
your experiences, so that you broaden your future options.  Choosing to
narrow your experiences is a gamble that your chosen path will always
keep you happily challenged and satisfyingly compensated, and I think
that is a bad bet.

Enjoy!

-Tim